- Supervisor (electives, pre-clerkship, clerkship and residents)
- Facilitator and more.
- Site Director
- Mental Health and Behavioural Science Preceptor
- Evidence Based Medicine Tutor
- Faculty Development Coordinator
- Quality Assurance Tutor.
While there are a number of appointment types, our faculty are generally appointed to the rank of Assistant Clinical Professor (Adjunct) or Assistant Clinical Professor. Appointments are made for a three year term.
The difference between the ranks indicates the amount of education hours the part-time faculty member is expected to contribute during each year of their appointment. For example, an Assistant Clinical Professor is expected to contribute a minimum of 100 weighted hours per year. An individual who contributes less than 100 hours per year would be appointed at the rank of Assistant Clinical Professor (Adjunct).
Regardless of contribution hours, all faculty are required to maintain their hospital privileges and/or license or membership with a relevant regulatory authority.
Some of the benefits of being a part-time faculty member include:
- McMaster email account
- Library access (both in person and remote access)
- Continuing education opportunities through the Program for Faculty Development
Are you already a faculty member and have questions such as appointment renewals, MacID access or change of contact details, please connect with our Faculty Relations Team